Don’t we all want to get in that zone where right ideas are spring up and teamwork of all around us is helping with creating something that is deeply rewarding and meaningful?
What would help me get in that flow of creativity?
A number of things come to me while thinking about it.
- When the initiative and goal I am on resonates from inside, energy and enthusiasm springs from that.
- Is it making a difference to the world in its way? Maybe it is a small difference, or a big difference, I think that sense that I am contributing to something or someone outside of me, gives the connectedness.
And, then while making it work as part of group (which I think is very important) makes me think of me in context of my relationships.
Do I believe in people around me? Do I think people around me believe in me? What gets in the way here?
Every individual has a unique temperament. People express in their own style. People have their own history, their own goals and dreams, their own fears and anxieties, and their own way of absorbing ideas and also relating to others. What makes me effective with this?
A few tools that make sense to me –
- Empathy – take time to understand people
- Awareness of my own emotions about people and situations, awareness of emotions in others, and then figuring ways to use that understanding in steering the course in line with my goals
- Communication – How do set and manage expectations? How do you synchronize with others in the big picture?
- Consistency in my own behavior and values that cultivate credibility over time
- And… from all of this hopefully I cultivate trust, and genuinely good relationships
What is your experience while making it work at family, work or social circles? What has helped you get in the flow of fun and yet effective teamwork? What are your challenges?